Family Law and Divorce Lawyer
Serving Colorado Springs, El Paso County and Surrounding Areas and Military Bases
The divorce rate in Colorado is above the national average. In Colorado Springs, many divorcing couples have no family in the area, and few support systems in place to help them through the stress of the divorce process.
When you are going through a difficult time—considering divorce, beginning the divorce process, or seeking help in modifying an existing court order—get the experienced legal help you need. Contact the Colorado Springs law office of family law attorney James English. Call (719) 633-1191.
Protecting Your Interests
In our initial consultation, I can provide you with a general overview of the divorce process and the issues your case presents. I will look at your case objectively and give you an honest assessment of what needs to be done to protect your interests.
Sometimes protecting your interests means taking a case to divorce court, but far more often a divorce settlement is reached faster, at less cost, and with better results using negotiation or mediation.
Cost-Effective and Timely Dispute Resolution
I participate with my clients in mediation and in my more than 20 years of family law experience, I have been effective in helping most of my clients avoid the time and cost of court. I provide a wide range of family law services, including:
- Divorce for military families
- Property division and division of pension plans, retirement accounts including military retirement accounts, and family-owned businesses
- Child custody, visitation, and child support
- Spousal maintenance
- Divorce involving business interests
- Modification of court orders, including assistance for clients whose child custody or child support case originated in Colorado but who now live in another state
- Spousal abuse and protective orders (also called restraining orders)
- Child abuse cases
- Prenuptial and ante-nuptial agreements
- Establishing legal paternity
- Denial of parental rights
- Contempt of court
Contact my Colorado Springs law office to schedule an initial consultation at a reduced fee. My office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and I am located just two blocks from the courthouse. You can also contact me online.